Founded in 1896 and unified in 1960, the Alvord Unified School District believes that everyone has the right to a world-class education. The district serves approximately 20,000 students with the relevant, engaging, and innovative learning experiences necessary to inspire them to fulfill their own unlimited potential:
- 14 Elementary Schools
- 4 Middle Schools
- 3 High Schools
- 2 Alternative High Schools
The development of the District-Wide Facilities Master Plan reflects the identification of several high level strategic priorities that influenced the overall planning of each campus:
- Provide a safe, secure and healthy learning environment for students and staff.
- Create environments that inspire, motivate and engage students.
- Provide facilities that engage and embrace the community.
- Address facility deficiencies to support educational programs.
- Provide cost effective and resource efficient planning solutions that support operations, maintenance and the long-term cost of ownership.
- Provide improvements that result in equity of facilities throughout the District.