1. Needs Identified in Prior Assessments
1. Deferred Maintenance Schedule
2. Site Development
1. Site Security & Access Control
1. Gates at front of school have been patched.
2. Utility Services, Grading, Drainage, & Landscaping
1. Irrigation system needs complete overhaul
2. Site is very flat, little drainage provided. Heavy rains do not drain quickly enough causing issues throughout the campus.
3. PE Fields, hardcourts and Grounds
1. Flatwork throughout campus has ADA issues due to slab upheaval, roots, etc.
2. Lack of shade on campus.
3. Playground equipment is outdated, not age appropriate
4. Kindergarten Play area equipment is in fair condition, but area provided is small.
5. Hardcourt areas have many birdbaths, re-slurry or re-surfacing required.
6. Fire Lane is uneven due to root upheaval.
7. Area where Portable calssrooms used to be is not used, there is no irrigation and area is not level for play uses.
1. Building Envelope
1. Roof leaks ongoing in many locations.
2. Portable buildings all need to be replaced.
3. Covered walkways needs painting of all steel areas.
4. Large amount of conduits on covered walkways should be reviewed by Structural Engineer for loading.
5. Classroom window walls, steel and glass are all in disrepair and do not provide sufficient environmental control. HVAC systems struggle to function as a result. All need replacement.
6. All building gutter systems to be repaired.
2. Building Systems & Equipment
1. Security system required, vandalism and skating issues ongoing. Difficult to supervise.
4. Utility issues in many locations – coverage in adequate in some areas, lines overlap in others.
The scope of work identified for the renovation/expansion of each campus is categorized and budgeted based on the following descriptions:
General modernization of existing buildings and spaces is based on the ongoing use of spaces consistent with their current uses and includes the following areas of work:
More extensive renovation of spaces to include all minor modernization work with additional renovation/reconfiguration or adaptive reuse of spaces to accommodate new/different uses. The additional level of work beyond minor modernization may include the following:
Scope addresses all construction that increases the building SF of the campus. These include the following:
Scope addresses renovation and expansion of playgrounds, fields, parking lots, and site entry enhancements including the following general areas of work:
These are project development costs that are beyond those associated with direct construction. These include the following: