1. Needs Identified in Prior Assessments
1. Athletics Facility Master Plan
2. Deferred Maintenance Schedule
2. Site Development
1. Site Security & Access Control
1. Fire Lane that provides access to bus drop-off and staff parking lots is only gated at one end. Both ends gated wll greatly reduce security concerns from outside visitors.
2. Classroom have access controls throughout
2. Utility Services, Grading, Drainage, & Landscaping
1. Occasional flooding near pool area.
2. General condition throughout older parts of campus is concrete flatwork heaving from tree roots. Several areas show where the District has been grinding down areas over time to avoid trip hazards.
3. Grass area in front of two story building not functional, redesign court for student activities and uses.
4. Irrigation system throughout needs to be overhauled, some areas are overwatered and some not enough.
3. PE Fields, hardcourts and Grounds
1. Fields all drain toward Crest, resulting in practice field often floods and/or is too wet to use.
2. V Baseball field needs to be regraded. The field is not drained typical to baseball fields, water is not directed toward first and third foul poles.
3. Football field requires renovation. Current configuration does not allow for soccer competition. The field inclines sharply at the sideline areas leaving only enough usable are for football.
4. Visaul observation of the track area appears to indicate the track may not be level. Updated record survey would be required to verify conditions.
5. Restrooms required at far fields, Visitors currently have to venture onto campus, security issue. Campus suggests adding room for officials and snack bar into the building.
6. Campus lacks marquis at street.
7. Cam;us uses in excess of 14 steel storage containers for PE, Athetics and other storage needs.
1. Building Envelope
1. Walkway canopies at two-story classroom building have issues with birds getting in between the decking material.
2. Building Systems & Equipment
1. HVAC systems hard to control on older building.
2. Steel, single pane window wall systems and all older buildings to be replaced with dual pane, energy efficient, aluminum window systems thoughout.
3. Teams Rooms in library are not adequately ventilated, space was not designed for locker room use.
4. IT system has frequent issues, bandwith adequate.
5. CTE spaces need more power – welding room conversion in particular.
6. Campus has one marquis in quad, not visible to passersby on street. Would like another marquis street front.
3. Interior FF&E
1. All classroom interiors in need of modernization including carpet replacement, painting, casework upgrades and systems upgrades.
The scope of work identified for the renovation/expansion of each campus is categorized and budgeted based on the following descriptions:
General modernization of existing buildings and spaces is based on the ongoing use of spaces consistent with their current uses and includes the following areas of work:
More extensive renovation of spaces to include all minor modernization work with additional renovation/reconfiguration or adaptive reuse of spaces to accommodate new/different uses. The additional level of work beyond minor modernization may include the following:
Scope addresses all construction that increases the building SF of the campus. These include the following:
Scope addresses renovation and expansion of playgrounds, fields, parking lots, and site entry enhancements including the following general areas of work:
These are project development costs that are beyond those associated with direct construction. These include the following: