1. Needs Identified in Prior Assessments
1. Athletics Facility Master Plan – Not relevant to ES programs/sites
2. Differed Maintenance Schedule – To be confirmed with M&O.
2. Site Development
1. Parking, Drop-off, Service & Delivery
1. Parking and traffic cueing extends along entire front of school and works well.
2. Following reactivation of RCC program, there will be a need to confirm adequacy of parking for all programs and users.
2. Site Security & Access Control
1. Secure points of entry good but several buildings/spaces are accessibly from outside fence line and therefore used sparingly.
2. Alcove adjacent to the museum is an attractive nuisance and should be secured.
3. Utility Services, Grading, Drainage, & Landscaping requires general ongoing maintenance.
4. PE Fields, hardcourts and Grounds
1. Emergency vehicle access to lower field and hard courts is difficult due to grade change.
5. Shade structures needed
6. Playground surfacing needs replacement
7. Some flooding or sogginess in LS areas from irrigation or rain.
1. Building Envelope
1. Some evidence of roof leaks
2. Building Systems & Equipment
1. Current configuration is for ceiling mounted projectors, hard wired sound system, white boards.
1. Most CR projector/sound controls don’t function
2. PA/bell system is not audible from playground
3. Electronic marquee mounted on building so it’s not very visible to public from the street.
4. MPR sound system doesn’t work properly, and sound quality is very poor.
1. Also need outdoor sound system for outdoor assemblies.
The scope of work identified for the renovation/expansion of each campus is categorized and budgeted based on the following descriptions:
General modernization of existing buildings and spaces is based on the ongoing use of spaces consistent with their current uses and includes the following areas of work:
More extensive renovation of spaces to include all minor modernization work with additional renovation/reconfiguration or adaptive reuse of spaces to accommodate new/different uses. The additional level of work beyond minor modernization may include the following:
Scope addresses all construction that increases the building SF of the campus. These include the following:
Scope addresses renovation and expansion of playgrounds, fields, parking lots, and site entry enhancements including the following general areas of work:
These are project development costs that are beyond those associated with direct construction. These include the following: