1. Needs Identified in Prior Assessments
1. Athletics Facility Master Plan – Not relevant to ES programs/sites
2. Differed Maintenance Schedule – To be confirmed with M&O.
2. Site Development
1. Parking, Drop-off, Service & Delivery
1. Drop-off drive is Average but community complaints about traffic cueing
2. Main parking lot inadequate for staff and visitors
1. Restricted to preschool, TK, school and daycare busses, students with disabilities
2. All other students dropped off at South lot. Single driveway With extensive back up on Hamilton and Kennedy.
3. Lower lot has adequate parking but long walking distance for staff.
2. Site Security & Access Control
1. Adequate site security fencing.
2. Need to add visual screening.
3. Utility Services, Grading, Drainage, & Landscaping need routine maintenance.
4. PE Fields, hardcourts and Grounds
1. Running path/track around field would be beneficial to PE programs and student running club.
5. Fire lane and retaining wall behind MPR impacted structurally by trees.
1. Building Structures and Envelope
1. Covered walkway structural upgrades required in the past.
2. Building Systems & Equipment
1. Bell/PA system updated this year
2. Existing windows need replacement
3. Fluorescent lighting throughout existing building (except new 2-story)
4. HVAC issues continue needing ventilation, and temp control.
5. Plumbing infrastructure problems due to tree roots.
6. New water fountains/bottle-fill stations were added last year
7. Playfield flooding issues. Also other landscape planting areas between CR building.
3. Interior FF&E
1. The office toilet room floor collapsed this year.
1. Student toilet rooms – quantity and location is adequate
2. Staff restrooms in admin are not large enough
1. Need visitor toilet
The scope of work identified for the renovation/expansion of each campus is categorized and budgeted based on the following descriptions:
General modernization of existing buildings and spaces is based on the ongoing use of spaces consistent with their current uses and includes the following areas of work:
More extensive renovation of spaces to include all minor modernization work with additional renovation/reconfiguration or adaptive reuse of spaces to accommodate new/different uses. The additional level of work beyond minor modernization may include the following:
Scope addresses all construction that increases the building SF of the campus. These include the following:
Scope addresses renovation and expansion of playgrounds, fields, parking lots, and site entry enhancements including the following general areas of work:
These are project development costs that are beyond those associated with direct construction. These include the following: