1. Needs Identified in Prior Assessments
1. Deferred Maintenance Schedule
2. Site Development
1. Parking, Drop-off, Service & Delivery
1. Delivery is through main parking lot. No issues cited.
2. Bus Drop-Off is on Street, buses do not access onto campus.
3. SPED busses uses staff parking lot – minor conflict.
4. Main Pick-Ip is through the main parking lot in two queues, Kand TK first, then other grades.
5. Lack of pick-up areas has resulted in multiple areas being used. 2/3 grades and 4/5 grades are directed across field to street at back of school for pick up. Requires continuous staff monitoring. Walkway to 2/3 pick-up area is unsafe sidewalk with no railing down steep slope to campus perimeter fencing. Add railing for safety.
2. Site Security & Access Control
1. Campus Is fenced yet some issues with homeless transients does occur at front areas of campus..
3. Utility Services, Grading, Drainage, & Landscaping
1. Campus has a large amount of shrubbery that are havens for vermin. Would be beneficial to reduce the amount of ornamental shrubbery.
4. PE Fields, hardcourts and Grounds
1. Campus requests Basketball Gym.
2. Campus lacks lunch shelter. Area exists within main campus courtyard for adequate sized shelter.
3. Add Flagpole to campus center.
4. Hardcourt areas have puddling.
5. Fiedls are above hardcourts
1. Building Envelope
1. General Refresh required throughout campus Interior and Exterior.
2. Curved roof areas have ongoing leaking issues
3. Site has initiated Campus Branding on some of the buildings. Principal expects that to continue using Campus resources.
4. Exterior exposed Steel needs paint not only for aesthetics but also for steel protection. Rust is observed.
2. Building Systems & Equipment
1. Access control systems are located on all exterior doors. Multiple systems have been used over time. Differing issues with each type. Best to consolidate into one district standard.
3. Interior FF&E
1. All interior finishes throughout campus require modernization.
The scope of work identified for the renovation/expansion of each campus is categorized and budgeted based on the following descriptions:
General modernization of existing buildings and spaces is based on the ongoing use of spaces consistent with their current uses and includes the following areas of work:
More extensive renovation of spaces to include all minor modernization work with additional renovation/reconfiguration or adaptive reuse of spaces to accommodate new/different uses. The additional level of work beyond minor modernization may include the following:
Scope addresses all construction that increases the building SF of the campus. These include the following:
Scope addresses renovation and expansion of playgrounds, fields, parking lots, and site entry enhancements including the following general areas of work:
These are project development costs that are beyond those associated with direct construction. These include the following: