1. Needs Identified in Prior Assessments
1. Differed Maintenance Schedule
2. Site Development
1. Parking, Drop-off, Service & Delivery
1. Trash cans on campus should be replaced with permanent ones. The plastic bins get blown around with the winds, a frequent issue.
2. Due to COVID a segregated Drop-Off system was implemented and is working well.
3. Second and fourth grades dismiss to pick-up zones through the park.
4. Site lack adequate parking. A parking expansion could be located along street, taken from field areas.
2. Parking spaces in the drop-off lanes should be removed.
3. Site Security & Access Control
1. Some gates with Panic hardware are not useful for securing campus from students leaving.
2. Existing gates are too narrow, not ADA compliant.
3. Gates to the adjacent park need to be lockable. Zig-Zag configuration does not meet ADA, must be replaced.
4. Chain Link gate can close off parking lot.
5. Campus is relatively secure, some graffiti issues.
4. Utility Services, Grading, Drainage, & Landscaping
1. Area surrounding new library needs landscaping and irrigation. Is just dirt at present.
2. Irrigation system needs overhaul. Not working at all in K-Play Area.
3. Site has a functioning well, not used for irrigation or anything else.
5. PE Fields, hardcourts and Grounds
1. Lunch shelter is too small for number of students served. Seating is limited, needs to be expanded.
2. Wood chips at playground are a nuisance should be replaced with resilient surface.
3. AC hardcourt areas recently resurfaced.
4. Field areas has ongoing Ant infestation. Worst from MAY-Oct.
1. Building Envelope
1. Many windows have had glazing replaced with plexi-glass panels. All should be replaced with vision glass.
2. Consistent problem with Mice beneath the portables.
2. Building Systems & Equipment
1. Ongoing roof leak issues from roof penetrations of HVAC remodel. District is aware.
2. Access Control systems exist on all exterior doors. Outages are frequent, apparently due to ongoing battery issues.
3. Interior FF&E
1. All spaces require modernization to finishes.
The scope of work identified for the renovation/expansion of each campus is categorized and budgeted based on the following descriptions:
General modernization of existing buildings and spaces is based on the ongoing use of spaces consistent with their current uses and includes the following areas of work:
More extensive renovation of spaces to include all minor modernization work with additional renovation/reconfiguration or adaptive reuse of spaces to accommodate new/different uses. The additional level of work beyond minor modernization may include the following:
Scope addresses all construction that increases the building SF of the campus. These include the following:
Scope addresses renovation and expansion of playgrounds, fields, parking lots, and site entry enhancements including the following general areas of work:
These are project development costs that are beyond those associated with direct construction. These include the following: