1. Needs Identified in Prior Assessments
1. Athletics Facility Master Plan
2. Differed Maintenance Schedule
2. Site Development
1. Parking, Drop-off, Service & Delivery
1. Service is accessed through Drop-Off/Pick-UP Lane. Trucks have to back into the service lane causing issues with vehicles entering drop off lane.
2. Site Security & Access Control
1. Fencing at K-play is inadequate. Evidence of people using fencing to access roof and breach the fencing as well. Should be replaced with ornamental fencing like campus entry.
2. Campus has issues with homeless occupying the site at nights and weekends. Vandalism most prevalent occurrence.
3. All main doors have access controls. Units are slow to operate, office controls are insufficient. Principal has only spot to engage all locks, from their office, negating the effectiveness of the system if Principal is not in their office at the time.
4. PA cannot be heard on fields. Speaker in 2-story are unintelligible.
3. Utility Services, Grading, Drainage, & Landscaping
1. Irrigation systems has numerous throughout campus. System requires major overhaul.
2. Tree root problems evidence throughout campus.
4. PE Fields, hardcourts and Grounds
1. Field could use regrading, replanting.
2. K-Play area
1. Replace wood chips with resilient surfacing.
3. Lunch shelter is too small, MPR is used daily for lunch.
4. Gracel/ Asp[halt area at souteast corner of site is unusable. Area to be scrapped and resurfaced. Areas is designated as Area of Refuge for Campus.
1. Building Envelope
1. Classrooms in 2-story are slightly undersized, making social-distancing difficult in those rooms @32 students.
2. All portables show signs of settling/sinking. Only portable not sinking is Speech CR, but that unit leaks from the roof.
3. Roofing has been replaced. Leaks are frequent occurrences. CR 9 and RR currently have leaks.
4. 2-story classroom building has issues with Birds getting into overhang structure and inside buildings. Deck closure panels are missing in some locations allowing birds access to interior spaces.
2. Building Systems & Equipment
1. Air door fan over door at MPR is mounted to window wall system. Window wall system should be replaced. Window is not designed for the fan attachment. Vibration from fan is deteriorating the wall panels.
2. Roofing on portable classroom can fly off in high winds.
3. Covered walkways carry large amount of conduits added over the years. Conduits leak and water has infiltrated the system from time to time.
4. Gutters throughout to be replaced.
5. Campus is reported to be on caissons. Evidence of soil conditions.
3. Interior FF&E
1. All classrooms in need of flooring replacement. Campus has Breakfast in classroom program – very hard on carpeting.
2. Old classrooms require repainting and potential casework replacement.
3. Casework at 2-story classroom building awkward and not very useful.
The scope of work identified for the renovation/expansion of each campus is categorized and budgeted based on the following descriptions:
General modernization of existing buildings and spaces is based on the ongoing use of spaces consistent with their current uses and includes the following areas of work:
More extensive renovation of spaces to include all minor modernization work with additional renovation/reconfiguration or adaptive reuse of spaces to accommodate new/different uses. The additional level of work beyond minor modernization may include the following:
Scope addresses all construction that increases the building SF of the campus. These include the following:
Scope addresses renovation and expansion of playgrounds, fields, parking lots, and site entry enhancements including the following general areas of work:
These are project development costs that are beyond those associated with direct construction. These include the following: