1. Needs Identified in Prior Assessments
1. Differed Maintenance Schedule to be reviewed.
2. Site Development
1. Parking, Drop-off, Service & Delivery
1. Parking lots for staff and visitors is adequate
2. Two drop off locations along Harvill causes traffic conflicts with left turns.
3. Student drop off circulation and queuing is a problem
1. Queuing currently extends along Harvill and on to Magnolia
1. Creation or turn-out on Magnolia would allow better drop off.
2. New onsite drop off loop adjacent to field and gym should be considered.
3. Access and circulation at traffic entry points
2. Site Security & Access Control
1. Single point of entry is not secure.
1. Admin entry provides direct path through admin and on to campus with no control gate.
1. Remodel to relocate entry doors with gated access Control from lobby needed
2. Security cameras needed throughout
3. Perimeter fencing and gates needs review
4. Portable building 30-45 are not covered by central lock-down for doors.
5. No secondary site exit for students from safe dispersal areas during emergency.
6. Building labeling is inconsistent and signage is too small.
1. District labeling and campus labeling is not consistent
2. No building labeling on roofs
3. Utility Services, Grading, Drainage, & Landscaping
1. Drainage on field is poor causing flooding
2. Campus flooding due to back ups in planting & turf areas
1. Overflows cause flooding on adjacent side walks.
4. PE Fields, hardcourts and Grounds
1. PE attendance numbers conflict with game striping
2. Also, black top area is Small and can’t accommodate needed game striping
1. Building Envelope
1. Roof leaks are common.
2. Portable building floors subject to water damage
2. Building Systems & Equipment
1. Lighting upgrades to LED discussed but never implemented.
2. HVAC systems are old and need upgrading
3. PA system doesn’t work will especially outside play and PE areas
The scope of work identified for the renovation/expansion of each campus is categorized and budgeted based on the following descriptions:
General modernization of existing buildings and spaces is based on the ongoing use of spaces consistent with their current uses and includes the following areas of work:
More extensive renovation of spaces to include all minor modernization work with additional renovation/reconfiguration or adaptive reuse of spaces to accommodate new/different uses. The additional level of work beyond minor modernization may include the following:
Scope addresses all construction that increases the building SF of the campus. These include the following:
Scope addresses renovation and expansion of playgrounds, fields, parking lots, and site entry enhancements including the following general areas of work:
These are project development costs that are beyond those associated with direct construction. These include the following: